[Grad-postdoc-assn] Hike in Rocky Mountain National Park

Manuela Sauer manuelas at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:19:44 MDT 2017

Hi everyone,

We hope you all are enjoy Colorado's outdoors this summer!
Clay and I are planning a grad student - postdoc - and everyone who likes
to join - hike in Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) on Saturday, August
12.
Since it was such a nice hike last year, we suggest to explore the area
around Bear Lake again and hike along Dream Lake up to Emerald Lake (1.5
miles one way). Subject to the whim, we can elongate the hike to Lake
Haiyaha (2.5 miles from the Bear Lake Trailhead) or further on to The Loch
(4.5 miles) and could even close a loop of 7 miles in total.

Are you interested in joining us?

We do have one (and I assume we have even more) park pass, so no entrance
fee would apply.

As RMNP is generally very crowded and parking is limited, however there are
Park and Ride options, we should car pool and start in Boulder no later
than 7 am so that we are at the trailhead at about 8 am. So let us meet at
the Foothills Campus in front of FL2 (main entrance) shortly before 7 am to
head out.

Here are the details again:
What to do:                       Hiking! Yay!
What day:                         Saturday, August 12, 2017
Where to meet:                 7:00 AM at FL2
Where to go:                     Rocky Mountain National Park -> Bear Lake
Area
What distance to walk:     3 miles at least, more if people are up for that!

So again, are you interested?
If so, please sign up in the doodle list. Also, please indicate in the
comments section if you would volunteer to drive and how many people you
could take so that we can plan accordingly:

https://doodle.com/poll/cgudmnqmy5dgftbf

We are looking forward to spend a sunny day on a nice hike with all of you.

Cheers,
Clay and Manuela

--
Manuela Sauer, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow/Advanced Study Program