[Grad-postdoc-assn] Hike in RMNO next weekend

Manuela Sauer manuelas at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:34:00 MDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Clay and I thought we could go for a hike on the upcoming weekend and enjoy
the turning colors in Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP).
We suggest to explore the area around Bear Lake and hike along Dream Lake
up to Emerald Lake (1.5 miles one way). Subject to the whim, we can
elongate the hike to Lake Haiyaha (2.5 miles from the Bear Lake Trailhead)
or further on to The Loch (4.5 miles) or could even close a loop of 7 miles
in total.

Are you interested in joining us?
Currently the weather forecast looks better for Sunday (more cloudy and 40%
chance for showers on Saturday afternoon) but that may change again, so we
should still be a bit flexible and postpone the decision on the day to
Thursday. So, if you are interested in joining us, please fill in your
preferred day (if there is one, otherwise check both days) in the Doodle
until Thursday afternoon:

http://doodle.com/poll/ku27cmu6dehaev8g

We do have one (and probably at least a second) park pass, so no entrance
fee would apply.

As RMNP is generally very crowded and parking is limited, however there are
Park and Ride options, we should start in Boulder no later than 8 am so
that we are at the trailhead at about 9 am. So let us meet at the Foothills
Campus in front of FL2 (main entrance) shortly before 8 am.

We are looking forward to spend a sunny early fall day on a nice hike with
all of you.

Best,
Clay and Manuela