[Grad-postdoc-assn] [AOFD_list] Assistant Professor Position in Applied Mathematics at Columbia

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:15:54 MDT 2016

Hi,

Yes, they do.  I usually send them to the whole fellows list which goes to
out all the postdocs and graduate students.

grad-postdoc-assn at mailman.ucar.edu

You never know where they go or who will see them, so I always think that
it's worth while.

Paula

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Richard Rotunno <rotunno at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi Paula,
>
> Should I continue to forward these aofd listings to postdocs at ucar.edu? Do
these listings  get to
> our postdocs anyway?
>
> Rich

Columbia University in the City of New York invites applications for a
limited term Assistant Professor faculty position in the area of applied
and computational mathematics. The position begins July 1, 2017 for a term
of 2 years. Salary is competitive and teaching is relatively light. Basic
responsibilities focus on teaching, research and service. A recent PhD and
extraordinary promise in research are required. A broad array of research
groups is active in the department, with current research encompassing
applied and computational mathematics, and their application to many areas
of biology, data and image processing, earth and environmental sciences,
materials, and physics. There is a strong cohort of activities on applied
and computational mathematics within the Fu Foundation School of
Engineering and Applied Sciences and the affiliated Institute of Data
Science and Engineering. The Applied Mathematics program also has extensive
collaborations with the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory and the Goddard
Institute for Space Science. The Department is especially interested in
qualified candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching,
and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.

> Applicants should apply on-line at the following URL:
>
> academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=63091
>
> They should submit electronically the following: a current vita including
a list of publications, a one-page research statement with a brief
description of their current research work and future research interests,
and two letters of recommendation. The search will close no sooner than
November 1, 2016 and will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants can consult

> http://www.apam.columbia.edu
>
> for more information about the department. Columbia University is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.