[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Virtual Science talks/tours for underserved middle and high school kids

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Oct 31 10:10:52 MDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carolyn Brinkworth <carolyn at ucar.edu>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 4:53 PM
Subject: Virtual Science talks/tours for underserved middle and high school
kids
To: ncar-education at ucar.edu

Hey folks,

We've had a request for scientists and engineers to give a virtual tour of
our facilities or a virtual talk about our science and engineering to
underserved middle and high school kids. It would be an hour for each
group, likely after school hours one day. The kids are at Pinnacle school,
which is a Title I charter school in Thornton, and they're in a
STEM-specific program. The talks would be sometime in December or January.

If anyone is interested in talking to these kids about what we do, and
getting them excited about our work and ways in which our work benefits
society, please let me know ASAP.

thanks!
Carolyn

--

Carolyn Brinkworth (she/her/hers)
Director for Diversity, Education & Outreach

303-497-1137

--
All that glitters has a high refractive index