[Grad-postdoc-assn] Teaching Opportunity at Cu Boulder

Rebecca Haacker rhaacker at ucar.edu
Tue May 10 11:09:39 MDT 2016

Hi all,

Please see below an email from John Cassano at CU Boulder about two
teaching opportunities this fall.

While it's a great way to gain some teaching experience, it's also a
significant additional workload, especially if it is a course you haven't
taught before. It sounds like some course material will be available and
they would assign TAs to help with grading. If you are interested, please
speak to your advisors/ supervisors at NCAR- and if you are in ASP - me,
first.

Cheers,
Rebecca

Dear NCAR post-docs,

The Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (ATOC) at the University
of Colorado
is looking to hire two lecturers for the fall 2016 semester to teach one
section of ATOC 1050
(Weather and the Atmosphere) and one section of ATOC 1060 (Our Changing
Environment).
A brief description of these classes is available at
http://www.colorado.edu/atoc/academics/courses.
These are both large enrollment (150 to 300 student), freshman level
classes. The lecturers will be
responsible for leading twice weekly class lecturers, preparing homework
assignments and exams,
and working with the class teaching and learning assistants. The teaching
assistants assigned to
these classes typically handle most of the grading although the lecturers
may also need to do some
grading. Class materials from previously taught versions of these classes
will be made available.

The salary for each of these positions is $6,350.

Please contact John Cassano (john.cassano at colorado.edu) if you are
interested in
learning more about these positions. We plan to fill these openings by
early June.

John Cassano

---------------
John Cassano