[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: FW: Celebrating Academic Excellence Science Fair Volunteers

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 5 08:43:41 MST 2016

Science Fair Judges Needed!

Paula

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carolyn Brinkworth <carolyn at ucar.edu>
Date: Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Subject: Fwd: FW: Celebrating Academic Excellence Science Fair Volunteers
To: ncar-education at ucar.edu
Cc: Cathy Hurrell <cathy_850 at hotmail.com>

Good evening, all.

We've had a request come in for volunteer to judge the District Science
Fair, from 9:30-11:30 on Saturday Feb 20th at Ranum Middle School in
Westminster. This should be a great event, as it's the elementary and
middle school levels, which are frankly adorable. I had a great time with
this age group last time, judging experiments with melted chocolate that
included (re-solidified) judge-bribing samples, one girl who had attempted
to influence the mood and thoughts of her friends using different kinds of
music, and one rather tenacious young scientist who had licked around 50
tootsie rolls to figure out how many licks it took until she broke through
to the chocolate middle, and whether this differed by flavour. Best of all,
I only saw a single baking soda volcano.

If you're interested in volunteering for some science-related
entertainment, all for a good cause, please fill out the Judge Form linked
from Ron Waite's original letter below.

Many thanks, all!

Carolyn