[Grad-postdoc-assn] Plan B for tomorrow?

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 1 13:24:23 MST 2016

Hi,

Scott just added you to the postdoc list.  The postdoc list is a sub-list
of our grad-postdoc list.  The grad-postdoc list contains all of the
postdocs and graduate students at NCAR/UCAR who have asked to sign up.  We
have over 200 people on that list, so I think that lots of visitors come
and go but remain on the list, probably because we post job announcements
to it!

I always just say "Hi all" when I start an email.

So, to email just the ASP postdocs, use postdocs at ucar.edu
To email all of the postdocs/grads on the larger list, including our
postdocs, use grad-postdoc-assn at mailman.ucar.edu.

​So sorry about tomorrow.  On the bright side, your chair came.

Paula​

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Rebecca Haacker <rhaacker at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Totally fine. I will work from home until my meetings as well.
>
> Could you share the email alias for the postdocs with me, please? How do
you address them in email? "Hi Fellows"? I'd like to send them a message.

> Do we have an alias for the grad students as well? How many are on campus
currently?

> Thanks,
> Rebecca
>

> Rebecca Haacker
>
> Director
>
> SOARS Program
> UCAR Center for Science Education
> soars.ucar.edu
>
> Advanced Study Program
> asp.ucar.edu
>
> Office: 303-497-8623
> Email: rhaacker at ucar.edu
>

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Paula Fisher <paulad at ucar.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I think that we'll all work from home tomorrow.  So sorry that we'll
miss you; however, we all have pretty long drives so better to stay home
and work I think.

>> Paula
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Rebecca Haacker <rhaacker at ucar.edu>
wrote:

>>> Paula,
>>> Do you think you or someone will be in later and should I come by? I
have a meeting at 2pm at the ML.
>>> If you are all out I am fine waiting til Thursday.
>>>
>>> Rebecca
>>>

>>> Rebecca Haacker
>>>
>>> Director
>>>
>>> SOARS Program
>>> UCAR Center for Science Education
>>> soars.ucar.edu
>>>
>>> Advanced Study Program
>>> asp.ucar.edu
>>> National Center for Atmospheric Research
>>>
>>> Office: 303-497-8623

meeting and hand-off to Thursday. I have a feeling that travel tomorrow
morning will be bad for everyone.   Rebecca and Rich, would that work for
you?