[Grad-postdoc-assn] Sherpas sought to help grad student's research!

Clay Tabor crtabor at ucar.edu
Sun Aug 21 10:51:11 MDT 2016

Hi folks,

A graduate student in ecology is looking for volunteers to help bring
research equipment up to Pear Lake
<http://www.protrails.com/trail/11/rocky-mountain-national-park-pear-lake>
next Saturday (Aug. 27). I was wondering if anyone on this list would be
interested in helping out or just coming along for a hike. I am planning to
go and can probably drive a few people. Please see details below and send
me an email if you are interested.

Best,
Clay

*Sherpas sought to help grad student's research!*
Hike from Allenspark trailhead to just beyond Pear Lake in RMNP
Sat. Aug 27th, Meet at parking lot at 11am, back to car between ~5-7pm
(depending on hiking speed and how long spent at lakes)
Meet at Allenspark trailhead (near Allenspark)
Hike distance: ~12.5 miles RT
Bring large pack (40L+) and plan to help with 5-30 lbs of gear (depending
on how many people help)
Need good hiking boots, hat, sunglasses, rain gear, and the ability to
safely hike for 12.5 miles with a pack up to 10,500 ft. elevation.
Payment: great exercise, fresh air, and Justin said I should promise cool
alpine ecohydrology facts... I could add in wildflower and mushroom facts
as well. Shoot- I'll just be a nature guide!  Thanks so much for your help.
I really appreciate it!

*Directions to Allenspark parking lot: *
Directions: From Denver/Boulder, take U.S. 36 to the town of Lyons, turn
left onHighway 7. Watch the speed limit signs in Lyons. At the Y
intersection in Lyons, turn left on Highway 7 toward Allens Park. About
18.5 miles turn left on Business Route 7/Allens Park. (Don't take the first
Business Route 7 into Ferncliffe.) 0.1 of a mile, turn right on County Road
90 (just before the post office). Travel 1.5 miles to a fork in the road.
(There are several, but stay on the main road) At 1.5 miles (you will see a
white fence), take the right fork, travel 0.1 of a mile to the trailhead on
your right. There is a sign that says "Allenspark Trailhead."

--
Clay R. Tabor
Advanced Study Program Postdoc Fellow