[Grad-postdoc-assn] Breakfast with Dr. Seager and information on decadal variability

Andreas Prein prein at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 6 08:02:14 MDT 2016

Dear Postdocs,

This is the last day of the TLS with Dr. Seager. We will have
*breakfast* with him at *9:00 am in the ML Damon room.

*Because of general interest, Dr. Seager was so kind to share his book
chapter and a paper on decadal variability across the Americas with us
(see e-mail below).

See you in an hour!
Andy

On 04/06/2016 07:40 AM, Richard Seager wrote:
> Hi all,
> There was some interest in my paper on decadal variability across the
> Americas which is the book chapter and hence hard to find.  I attach
> it here and you can forward it as needed.   It can also be found here:
> http://ocp.ldeo.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/ocp_pub/all?year=3&author=Seager&lname=Seager&fname=%20Richard
> And the other decadal papers can be found at:
> http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/div/ocp/glodech/index.html
> See you in a bit,
> Richard
>

> On Apr 3, 2016, at 12:51 AM, Colin Zarzycki wrote:
>
>> Dr. Seager,
>>
>> I hope your travel to Boulder goes smoothly! If anything arises
>> before Monday morning, please don't hesitate to contact myself, Andy
>> Prein, or Farshid Nazari (cc'ed).
>>
>> I'm not sure if Leiqiu communicated a schedule of events with you,
>> but since she's unfortunately out of town this week, I figured I'd
>> give a rough outline. We will provide you with a more formal schedule
>> upon your arrival.
>>
>> Breakfast with ASP fellows will be at 9 AM at the Mesa Lab on Monday
>> morning. Someone will meet you in the main lobby near the front
>> entrance. After that, you will then be delivering "The California
>> Drought"  at 11 AM. This will be followed by an open lunch with
>> postdocs in the cafeteria. The afternoon will consist of individual
>> meetings with postdocs and early career scientists as well as some
>> free time to relax. We'll host a potluck dinner at Mesa Lab starting
>> at 5:30 that runs through ~7 PM.
>>
>> Tuesday, we will be at Foothills Lab, with individual meetings
>> starting around 9 AM. "Global Decadal Hydroclimate Variability in
>> Observations and Models" will be at 11 AM and is followed by another
>> lunch. The rest of the day will generally consist of individual
>> meetings/free time. We will then hold an informal dinner out in
>> Boulder in the evening (leaving Foothills for that around 6 PM).
>>
>> Wednesday, we'll head back to Mesa Lab (have to keep the postdocs on
>> their toes!). We have scheduled another breakfast at 9 AM followed by
>> a few individual meetings. That will represent the end of the formal
>> TLS but, last I checked, Isla Simpson is coordinating plans for you
>> to meet with scientists in the Climate Analysis Section after lunch.
>>
>> Vicki tells me you are all set transportation-wise (both to and from
>> the airport, as well as in Boulder). Please let me know if that is
>> not the case.
>>
>> On behalf of the Advanced Study Program, we're looking forward to
>> your visit!
>>
>> -Colin
>>

>> --
>> Colin M. Zarzycki, ASP postdoctoral fellow
>> Atmospheric Modeling and Predictability
>> National Center for Atmospheric Research
>> http://www.colinzarzycki.com <http://www.colinzarzycki.com/>
>
> Richard Seager
> Palisades Geophysical Institute/Lamont Research Professor
> [...]

Andreas F. Prein
National Center For Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

Tel.  : +1-303-497-8200
E-Mail: prein at ucar.edu
Mail  : P.O. Box 3000, Boulder, CO 80307-3000
Skype : andi_p.f.
Web   : http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Andreas_Prein