[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Colorado State faculty positions in atmospheric science

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 8 07:26:03 MDT 2015

*C**OLORAD**O **S**TAT**E **U**N**I**VER**SI**T**Y*
*A**TMOSPHERIC **S**CIENCE **T**ENURE **T**RACK **F**ACULTY **P**OSITIONS*
*C**OLLEG**E OF **E**NG**I**NEER**I**NG*

The Department of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University invites
applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at the assistant or
associate professor level. We solicit candidates in the research areas of
(1) clouds and mesoscale processes, and (2) surface-atmosphere interactions
– with expertise in land-atmosphere coupling preferred.

The new faculty members will be expected to build and maintain a strong,
internationally recognized research program supported through external
funding, complement and expand upon the department’s current research and
teaching activities, and provide service to the University and broader
community. They will also contribute to teaching and intellectual
leadership in our atmospheric science curriculum at the M.S. and Ph.D.
levels by teaching courses in the Department’s core graduate curriculum,
advising graduate students, and developing advanced courses in his or her
areas of expertise. Further information about the Department can be found
at http://www.atmos.colostate.edu.

A Ph.D. in atmospheric science or a closely related field is required by
the position start date. Candidates should have an outstanding research
record commensurate with experience and should demonstrate potential for
continued extraordinary scholarship. Candidates must exhibit ability and
enthusiasm to teach courses in the department’s graduate curriculum.

Applications and nominations will be considered until the positions are
filled; however, applications should be received by October 31, 2015 to
ensure full consideration. Application materials of semifinalist
candidates, including letters of recommendation, will be made available for
review by the faculty of the Department of Atmospheric Science. Applicants
should submit a cover letter, one to two page statements on research and
teaching interests, curriculum vitae, and the names of four references (who
will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate) at the
following link: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/17728.

Please address inquiries about the position to:

*Professor Eric D. Maloney, Search Chair *
*Department of Atmospheric Science *
*Colorado State University*
*Fort Collins, CO *
*80523-1371*
*emaloney at atmos.colostate.edu* <emaloney at atmos.colostate.edu>

Located 60 miles north of Denver, at the base of the Rocky Mountain
foothills, Fort Collins is often ranked among the top places to live in the
United States. The City offers a pleasant climate with excellent schools
and abundant cultural and recreational opportunities nearby. More
information on Fort Collins is available at www.ftcollins.com.

*Condition for Employment: *
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive
learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background
investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history,
national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.

*Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:*
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected
to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and
inclusion.

Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age,
creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or pregnancy. Colorado State University is an equal
opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to
achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado
State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination
and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101
Student Services.

--------------------
Eric D. Maloney, Professor
Department of Atmospheric Science