[Grad-postdoc-assn] Google Group for Education and Outreach

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:23:37 MST 2015

Hi,

We wanted to call your attention to one of the announcements today in Staff
Notes from Carolyn Brinkworth.  I hope that several of you will consider
joining.

Google Group for NCAR scientists interested in education and outreach
<http://www2.ucar.edu/for-staff/daily/announcements?utm_source=snd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=announcement&utm_content=fullannouncement#13788>
------------------------------

I'm happy to announce the creation of a new Google Group for any NCAR
scientists (or, indeed, anyone) interested in education and outreach
opportunities. I know a lot of people are keen to get involved in outreach
events/teaching/student mentoring, but sometimes it's hard to know who you
are and reach you all unless someone has worked with you before. We'd like
to fix that and make sure that everyone who is interested in this kind of
thing hears about it and has a chance to volunteer. If you're at all
interested and want to be kept in the loop, please sign up. You can control
your email delivery preferences from the group, so you only get emailed as
often as you choose. We'll be posting everything from opportunities to
mentor students, requests for public talks, ways to get involved with local
teachers and classrooms, and requests for judges for science fairs, along
with anything else that cross es our desks that would benefit from an NCAR
scientist's expertise. We can also use the group to discuss best practices
for mentorship, teaching, and how to engage and support students from
kindergarten through to graduate school.

The link for signup is
https://groups.google.com/a/ucar.edu/forum/?hl=en#!forum/ncar-education

Hope to see you on there soon!

Carolyn

For more information, contact Carolyn Brinkworth at ext. 1137,
carolyn at ucar.edu

Additional information available at: ncar-education Google group
<https://groups.google.com/a/ucar.edu/forum/?hl=en#!forum/ncar-education>