[Grad-postdoc-assn] Reminder: Thompson Lecture Series (Dr. Ian Fallona) next week, Sign up for potluck and individual meetings !
leiqiu at ucar.edu
Tue Dec 1 13:25:16 MST 2015
Dear NCAR Postdocs,
The Thompson Lecture Series (TLS) is coming up on December 7-9th (Monday-Wednesday), featuring Dr. Ian Faloona, our previous ASP postdoc and current associate professor at University of California-Davis who studies the physical and chemical principles that control trace gas concentrations and their fluctuations in the atmosphere and ocean. Dr. Faloona's bio and abstracts for his lectures can be found on the ASP TLS website <http://www.asp.ucar.edu/thompson/thompson_lecture.php>.
- Twice a year, the TLS brings a scientist to NCAR to talk about their work, make themselves available to talk to postdocs about science and careers, and provide an opportunity for networking among the postdocs.
- A more detailed schedule (including opportunities to sign up for individual meetings) is available on the wiki <https://wiki.ucar.edu/pages/viewpage.action?title=Schedule+of+events+Ian+Faloona&spaceKey=aspthompson08>. If you have trouble accessing the wiki, please send me an email and we'll work it out.
- We are encouraging postdocs to sign up the individual meeting with Dr. Faloona (sign up here <https://wiki.ucar.edu/pages/viewpage.action?title=Schedule+of+events+Ian+Faloona&spaceKey=aspthompson08>). Don't be afraid to sign up just because your science interests are different than the speaker's! You will hopefully find that he has a breadth of interests and can also offer you interesting insights on your career development.
- ASPs, recall that attending TLS events is mandatory if you're in town!
The main events are listed below:
Monday, Dec. 7 (Mesa Lab)
- Breakfast and science+career discussion - 9:00 - 10:30 am, ML -Tower B Penthouse
- General seminar - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm, ML Main Seminar room
- Lunch with postdocs - 12:00-1:30 pm, ML Cafeteria
- Potluck dinner (families welcome!) - 5:30 pm, ML Damon room (sign up here <https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Potluck+dinner+with+Ian+Faloona+signup>).
Tuesday, Dec. 8 (Foothills Lab)
- Science seminar - 11-12, FL 1022 Main Seminar room
- Lunch with postdocs - 12:00-2 pm, FL Cafeteria
- Informal dinner out - 5:30 pm (sign up here <https://wiki.ucar.edu/pages/viewpage.action?title=Schedule+of+events+Ian+Faloona&spaceKey=aspthompson08>)
Wednesday, Dec. 9 (Foothills Lab)
- Breakfast and science+career discussion - 9-10:30 am, FL 1002 conference room
We will send out more reminders as we get closer, but please go ahead and fill up those slots and mark the events on your calendar! And please don't hesitate to send an email if you have any questions.
Current Thompson Lecture Committee
Angie Pendergrass, Andy Prein, Colin Zarzycki, Farshid Nazari, Leiqiu Hu, Lisa Kaser
Postdoctoral Fellow/Advanced Study Program
Research Applications Laboratory
National Center for Atmospheric Research
Boulder, CO, USA
Office phone: 303-497-2740
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Grad-postdoc-assn