[Grad-postdoc-assn] Postdoctoral fellow - University of Bergen
paulad at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 8 09:44:15 MDT 2015
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Ballard <bballard at ucar.edu>
Date: Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Subject: [CCSM-participants] Postdoctoral fellow - University of Bergen
To: ccsm-participants at cgd.ucar.edu
>From July 2015 there is a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow position at the
Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen, Norway in large-scale
The position is for a period of three years and is part of the project
“Atmospheric jet variability: linking STRucture, Evolution and Mechanisms”
(jetSTREAM) funded by the Research Council of Norway FRINATEK programme.
· Developing and applying statistical methods for characterizing the
three-dimensional variability of extratropical jets
· Identifying dynamically meaningful jet variability patterns/structures in
reanalysis data set
· Linking resulting jet variability structures to jet driving mechanism
· Evaluating whether climate models reproduce these jet structures and
· Additional research priorities beyond the required tasks listed above are
expected to emerge from a collaborative discussion between the successful
appointee and the project manager.
The above work will be carried out in collaboration with Oregon State
University (USA), which the successful candidate will have the chance to
visit on an extended research stay during the course of the project, as
well as the University of Oslo (Norway) and the University of Oxford (UK).
For more details and information on how to apply, please visit
*Closing date for applications: 1 May 2015*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Grad-postdoc-assn