[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: 10/3 Science NextGen survey advice

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Thu Sep 18 10:01:52 MDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jennifer Sills <jsills at aaas.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Subject: 10/3 Science NextGen survey advice
To: Jennifer Sills <jsills at aaas.org>

 Hello all!

For the next survey, I would like to elicit creative course names and
descriptions in response to the following question:

*What was missing from your science education? Name and describe a course
that would have better prepared you for your science career. *

I am hoping to get some less than serious ideas, so I’d like to give some
examples of course titles, such as:

*Managing Your PI 101*

*Time Management for Postdocs 309*

*Handwriting for Physicians 203*

Questions for you:

1. Do these examples inspire you to think of a creative course to submit?

2. Can you think of other examples I could use?  Sending them now will not
disqualify you from submitting them to the survey (although admittedly
others could then use them as well, so you may want to submit your second
choice).

Thank you for your advice!

Jennifer Sills

Associate Letters Editor