[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: [CCSM-participants] Two Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Climate Science positions: Boston University – Dep’t of Earth & Environment

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 3 07:59:30 MDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Barbara Ballard <bballard at ucar.edu>
Date: Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Subject: [CCSM-participants] Two Tenure-track Assistant Professor of
Climate Science positions: Boston University – Dep’t of Earth & Environment
To: ccsm-participants at cgd.ucar.edu

undertaking a major expansion in the field of climate change and invites
applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions beginning
July 2015. We seek scholars trained in a wide range of specializations
including climate dynamics, recent climate history, hydroclimatology, and
climate impacts and adaptations. We encourage applicants with interests in
broader questions of the impacts of climate change on society (water
resources, food, health, energy, land use), as well as those who complement
existing strengths in remote sensing, coastal processes, and landscape
evolution. We anticipate hiring additional scholars with expertise in
climate change over the next several years.

*To apply: *Please apply online at
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4439, including a curriculum vitae,
a statement of research and teaching interests, and the names and addresses
of at least three referees. A Ph.D. at the time of appointment is required.
The successful applicant will be expected to supervise graduate research in
Ph.D. programs, teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and
maintain an externally funded research program. In addition, we seek
applicants whose research complements strengths in the Department and
around the University. For more information about the Department, see
http://www.bu.edu/earth.

*Inquiries:* Should you have questions about the position, please feel free
to contact Anthony Janetos, Search Committee Chair, Department of Earth and
Environment, Boston University, 685 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA 02215;
email: earth at bu.edu. Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2014.
Women and underrepresented minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor.