[Grad-postdoc-assn] FWD: Associate Professor in Meteorology at the Geophysical Institute, University of Bergen, Norway

Scott Briggs sbriggs at ucar.edu
Sat Feb 16 09:59:36 MST 2013

Dear colleagues,

The Geophysical Institute (http://www.uib.no/gfi/en) has a vacancy for
an associate professor in meteorology (numerical modelling). The
successful candidate is envisioned to strengthen the portfolio of the
meteorology research group (http://www.uib.no/rg/meten) by complementing
its expertise in numerical modelling of the atmosphere. Thus, we are
searching for a person with experience in numerical modelling of
atmospheric processes relevant to weather forecasting and climate modelling.

The full announcement, including application procedure, and a
description of the position with details of curriculum and areas of
responsibility, particular duties and other circumstances which will be
emphasized at the time of appointment, is available via the link below.

http://www.jobbnorge.no/job.aspx?jobid=90597

The candidate should be an individual committed to excellent teaching
and the development of an externally funded research portfolio. We
envision that the candidate’s research focus will bridge our ongoing
efforts in theory and observations. Thus, experience in numerical
modelling of atmospheric processes relevant to weather forecasting and
climate modelling is a requirement; experience in the field of model
development and data assimilation is an advantage. The appointee is
expected to participate in teaching in meteorology, with particular
focus on numerical modelling in the realm of weather forecasting.

Yours sincerely,
Thomas Spengler

--
Dr. Thomas Spengler