[Grad-postdoc-assn] Opportunity to Teach

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 15 20:56:52 MDT 2013

Dear NCAR/UCAR Postdocs,

This was originally sent in the spring, but the offer is still open.

The Meteorology department at Millersville University is looking for a
postdoc to teach in the meteorology program next spring.  Please see the
email below from the department chair, Dr. Richard Clark and the
attached letter.

If you are an ASP postdoc, we would "stop the clock" on your fellowship
while you went to teach.  Your salary will be covered by the UVisit
program, and travel and living expenses will be covered by Millersville
University.

Paula

Submitted on March 28, 2013 - 2:09pm
Submitted by anonymous user: [166.66.65.26]
Submitted values are:

Name: RIchard D. Clark
Title: Dept Chair, Professor of Meteorology
Email: Richard.Clark at millersville.edu
Phone: 717-872-3930
Your Institution: Millersville University
Purpose of Proposed Visit: Teaching a course(s) at senior undergraduate or
first year graduate level for the meteorology program or the M.S> in
Integrated Scientific Applications. Interact with faculty and students on
research. For courses for the M.S. program, we are especially interested in
courses related to Climate Science and Solutions (applications to mitigation
and adaptation); Geoinformatics/Remote sensing as applied to GI; or Weather
Derivatives and Valuation, or other courses as they are related to the NCAR
scientist's expertise.
Approximate Length of Visit: Possibly one month - see attached letter
Ideal Dates for a Visit: Negotiable: Fall 2013 (preferred) or spring (2014)