[Grad-postdoc-assn] Follow-up to Mike Henry's presentation

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 13 14:20:38 MST 2012

Hi all,

Below is some follow-up to Mike Henry's awesome presentation on Friday.
Mike mentioned three opportunities available to postdocs to become a
science leader in Washington.  I have included the links below.  Also
included is a follow-up by Mike.

        Congressional Visits Days

http://setcvd.org/

Alex Jahn participated in Congressional Visits Days.  Her write-up
appears in the the November 2011 Newsletter:
http://www.asp.ucar.edu/asp_update/11/November-Newsletter.pdf

        AMS Summer Policy Colloquium

http://www.ametsoc.org/atmospolicy/spc/index.html

Shannon McNeeley wrote an article about her experience at the summer
policy colloquium here:
http://www.asp.ucar.edu/asp_update/10/newsletter-August2010.pdf

        AAAS Science & Tehcnology Policy Fellowship

Deadline is December 5th for the fellowship
http://fellowships.aaas.org/