[Grad-postdoc-assn] ASP Seminar Weds 11:00 ML

Will Wieder will.wieder at Colorado.EDU
Mon Mar 19 16:01:00 MDT 2012

Hello,

Jim White from CU give an ASP seminar this week.
Snacks will be provided before the talk.
You're invited to bring your lunch to visit Jim after the talk in the Chapman room.

Details are below

ASP lecture series:
James White
Fellow and Director of INSTAAR; Professor of Geological Sciences, CU Boulder.
11:00 March 21
ML Seminar Room

Title: Climate Change and Sustainability: What everyone should know and
why everyone should care

Abstract: Sustainability is arguably the grandest challenge in human
history. Climate change, a topic we are stuck on today, is training wheels
for dealing with the truly tough subject of sustainability. What are the
basics about climate change that everyone should know? Where are the nasty
feedbacks and are they appearing now? What does the climate of the past
tell us about where we are headed? And what are the simple keys to
sustainability? We will explore these questions with as much discussion as
you can muster.

Thanks
Will