[Grad-postdoc-assn] Expert Science Reviews for Climate and Energy Educational Resources Requested

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 26 12:44:13 MDT 2012

**

Dear colleague,

Climate or Energy Scientist? Please provide your expertise by /reviewing
short educational resources like videos, visualizations, lesson plans/
(review time about 15-40 min) for scientific accuracy. The need for
climate change educational materials that are scientifically and
pedagogically rigorous is greater than ever before. We are seeking
science reviewers with an /expertise in climate science, climate change
and energy topics/ and are hoping to draw from the wide range of
expertise within UCAR/NCAR.

The NSF-funded Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN)
(http://cleanet.org) is stewarding a collection of digital educational
resources for grades 6-16 that address climate and energy topics.
Resources are put through our rigorous peer-review process.All resources
have already passed two rounds of general review and a review panel made
up of educators and scientists before we send them out for an expert
science review.Because of the broad scientific scope of climate and
energy related educational resources, we need this additional Expert
Science Review for resources that passed the review panel -- _that is
where you can help._ Please provide your expertise to assure that the
resources we are making available to educators and students are
scientifically accurate.

How can you get involved? Either provide us with your contact
information here: http://cleanet.org/clean/community/reviewer.html or
contact us directly:

-Anne Gold (anne.u.gold at colorado.edu <mailto:anne.u.gold at colorado.edu>
or 303-735-5514)

-Tamara Ledley (tamara_ledley at terc.edu <mailto:tamara_ledley at terc.edu>).

You can make a difference in climate education! Please sign up to be a
science reviewer for the field of your expertise and we will contact you
periodically with the request of a review.

For the CLEAN Team

Anne Gold, PhD

CIRES Education & Outreach Group

anne.u.gold at colorado.edu <mailto:anne.u.gold at colorado.edu>