[Grad-postdoc-assn] Teaching at a Minority Serving Institution

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 27 10:44:38 MDT 2011

Dear Postdocs,

Would you like to get some teaching experience? ASP is prepared to
support postdocs interested in going to one of NCAR's Historically Black
College or University (HBCU) partners or to any U.S. Minority Serving
Institution (MSI)  to teach and conduct research through the NCAR
Diversity Fund.
Support includes salary, additional living expenses, and travel costs.
This could be for a semester, as Jia Yue is currently doing at Hampton
University,
or for a short course. There are  four HBCU partner institutions which
have a written agreement with NCAR to facilitate collaborations.  Those
four include:
- Howard University (Washington DC)
- Jackson State University (Jackson, Mississippi)
- Hampton University (Hampton, Virginia)
- North Carolina Agricultural & Technical University (Greensboro, North
Carolina)

However, we can solicit funds to support you at any Minority Serving
Institution.  If you are an ASP postdoc, we'll "stop the clock" on your
fellowship while you teach and add that time to the end of your term.
If you are not an ASP postdoc, we'll have to negotiate the terms with
your current supervisor.

This opportunity is open to ASP and non-ASP postdocs alike. If you are
interested in pursuing this, and even if it would not be until fall
2012, please let me know as soon as possible.  We'll need to work
together to submit a proposal to the Diversity Committee no later than
November 7th.

Thanks!
Paula