[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson lecture series potluck, Nov. 15th, 5:30 pm - please SIGN UP

Alexandra Jahn ajahn at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 14 11:57:15 MST 2011

Hi everyone,

tomorrow evening we'll have the TLS potluck at the Mesa Lab Damon room.
If you haven't already done so, please sign up for a dish right now at
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Shadia+Habbal+potluck+%28Tuesday+15.+November+2011%29
And if you are planning to come with your family/spouse/etc (who are
very welcome!), please let me know before 2pm today (unless you already
did!) so I can send the correct head-count to Scott, so we'll have
enough plates and drinks without wasting lots of them.

There also are still slots for individual meetings with Shadia, so
please sign up here:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Shadia+Habbal+individual+meetings
They are great to get career advice and ask questions you might not want
to ask in front of everyone or discuss your particular situation, and
you don't have to do anything remotely related to what she does - just
doing science is enough!

See you all tomorrow bright and early at 8:30 in the ML Damon room
(continental breakfast will be served). If you want to see all the
activities for the next three days, the agenda is copied below, and can
also be seen on the wiki at
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Shadia+Habbal+%2815.+November+-+17.+November+2011%29

The TLS Committee
Alexandra, Christoph, Gulnur, Nick, Shanlin, Vanessa, Wei-Yu

      *Tuesday, November 15, 2011: Mesa Lab*

Time 	Location
	Event
	Memo
08:30 - 10:30 AM
	Damon Room
	Introduction and Career Discussion
	09:30 - 09:45: Break
10:30 - 11:00 AM
	ML Main Seminar Room
	Seminar Preparation

11:00 - 12:30 PM
	ML Main Seminar Room
	General Audience Seminar 	11:00 - 12:00: Lecture
12:00 - 12:30: Questions
12:30 - 02:00 PM
	Mesa Lab 	Lunch and Break
	Shadia has lunch with postdocs
02:00 - 05:00 PM
	Dir. Conference Room
	Individual Meetings
	Shadia meets with 5 postdocs
03:30 - 04:00: Break
05:00 - 05:30 PM
		Break

05:30 - ? PM
	 Damon Room
	Potluck dinner
	 Shadia has potluck with postdocs and their families

      *Wednesday, November 16, 2011: Center Green*

Time 	Location
	Event
	Memo
09:00 - 12:00 PM
	CG1-2503
	Individual Meetings
	Shadia meets with 5 postdocs
10:30 - 11:00: Break
12:00 - 01:30 PM
	Center Green 	Lunch and Break
	Shadia has lunch with postdocs
01:30 - 03:00 PM
	CG1-2503
	Individual Meetings
	Shadia meets with 3 postdocs
03:00 - 03:30 PM
	CG South Auditorium
	Seminar Preparation

03:30 - 05:00 PM
	CG South Auditorium
	Science Seminar
	03:30 - 04:30: Lecture
04:30 - 05:00: Questions
05:00 - 05:30 PM
	 CG1-2503 	Break

05:30 - ? PM
	restaurant somewhere
	dinner
	postdocs

      *Thursday, November 17, 2011: Foothills Lab*

Time 	Location
	Event
	Memo
09:00 - 10:30 AM