[Grad-postdoc-assn] TLS seminar speaker selection - one more vote

Alexandra Jahn ajahn at ucar.edu
Wed May 25 13:16:55 MDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Thanks for attending the meeting this morning or for sending in your
votes. We had 21 people vote on 6 great candidates (Thanks for the great
nominations!). The candidate with the most votes was Stepfanie Pfirman
(with 13 votes). Three candidates tied for second place with 7 votes
each, so we'll need to have another round of votes to determine our
second candidates and the order of the two alternates.

So if you were not at the meeting this morning (where we already had a
second vote on these three), please send me a quick email with your vote
for *one* of the following candidates. Their nominations are still on
the wiki, if you need a refresh your memory.
The vote is between:
- Prof. Thomas (Tom) Dietz
- Prof. Shadia R. Habbal
- Dr. Richard H. Moss

Please send me your favorite candidate's name by tomorrow (Thursday)
before noon, so we can start to work on sending out the invitation
emails to see if the nominated candidates will accept our invitation to
be a TLS speaker.

As for inviting Al Gore, we discussed it today and we decided that Chris
will see what the NCAR directorate thinks about this idea, and if they
support the idea we will look further into it, to find out more about
the potential costs and security issues associated with a visit. He wont
be a TLS speaker, so someone else will follow up on this should it
become more concrete.

The new TLS committee,
Alex, Christoph, Vanessa, and Wei-Yu