[Grad-postdoc-assn] TSL speaker, Gavin Schmidt, April 6th to April 8th, 2011 - PLEASE SIGN UP

Barbara Scherllin-Pirscher pirscher at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:55:17 MDT 2011

Dear all,

Dr. Gavin Schmidt will come to NCAR from Wednesday, April 6th, to
Friday, April 8th, to be our next Thompson Lecturer.
The agenda for his visit can be found on the NCAR wiki:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Gavin+Schmidt+%28April+6+to+April+8%2C+2011%29
So far only six people have signed up to bring any food to the Potluck
on Thursday. So please think about what you can bring to the potluck and
sign up on the wiki
(https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Gavin+Schmidt+Potluck+Sign-Up)
or let us know if you can't make it. We need to know how many of you can
come by Tuesday morning, as we'll have to cancel it and make alternative
arrangements if we'll just have 6 people attending, so please take a
minute now to sign up or let us know if you can't come.
We also still have two open slots for individual meetings with the
speaker, so take this chance and meet with Gavin Schmidt for 30 minutes
to discuss whatever you want:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Gavin+Schmidt+individual+meetings
We are also going to take Gavin Schmidt out for an informal dinner on
Wednesday night, either to the Boulder Beer Brewery or the Walnut
Brewery (to be determined). If you are interested in joining, please
send an email to Alex at ajahn at ucar.edu by Wednesday at noon.

The TLS Committee
Alex, Barbara, Jasper, Jia, Lulin

P.S.: Please note that there was a typo in the earlier email, and the
name of the Thompson speaker is Gavin Schmidt.