[Grad-postdoc-assn] HBCU Exchange Discussion

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 12 14:14:09 MST 2010

Hello,

For those of you at the retreat, you know that ASP is prepared to
support postdocs interested in going to one of NCAR's Historically Black
College or University (HBCU) partners to teach and conduct research.
Support includes salary, additional living expenses, and travel costs.
This could be for a semester, as Song-Lak Kang did at Howard University,
or for a short course.  The four partners institutions include:
- Howard University (Washington DC)
- Jackson State University (Jackson, Mississippi)
- Hampton University (Hampton, Virginia)
- North Carolina Agricultural & Technical University (Greensboro, North
Carolina)

This opportunity is open to ASP and non-ASP postdocs alike.  If you are
interested in pursuing this, and even if it would not be until 2012,
please come to a discussion next week.  The details of the meeting are:

Thursday, November 18th
1:00 at the Mesa Lab

The location will be determined.

Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity.  If you
are, but you cannot attend the meeting, let me know that as well.  We
can always reschedule if necessary.  I'm hopeful that those of you who
expressed an interest last spring are still interested and can come
again so that we can begin working on the particulars.

Thanks!
Paula