[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thoughts as I step down

Maura Hagan hagan at ucar.edu
Fri May 28 16:35:33 MDT 2010

NCAR Fellows-
  Today I officially step down as ASP Director and pass the torch to
Chris Davis. I'm confident that you will thoroughly enjoy working with
Chris. Today, we also began working with Paula, Scott, and Kathleen,
on transitioning our roles. I assure you that you are in good hands.
The ASP office under Chris' leadership will continue their outstanding
support of fellows across NCAR.
  I want to take this opportunity to acknowledge the talented ASP
administrative team. It's been my joy to work with Paula, Scott, and
Kathleen. I wouldn't have accomplished any of my objectives for the
ASP, or for fellows at NCAR, without their help and support during
the past five years. I will miss our day-to-day interactions. Thank you
team!
  I've said many times, that ASP Director is the best leadership
position at NCAR. I've loved every minute of my tenure. I will miss
most the opportunity to regularly interact with you; the talented and
diverse cohort of postdoctoral and graduate fellows that you are! I
promise to remain your strong advocate in my evolved role as
full-time NCAR Deputy Director, and in partnership with Chris.
  It is my pleasure to know you, and to have worked with you. I look
forward to those future chance occasions when our paths will cross,
or when you stop by to catch me up on your life passages or career
accomplishments. You know where to find me ;) I will remember you
always.
  Best wishes for your continuing happiness and success!
--Maura

Maura Hagan
Deputy Director, National Center for Atmospheric Research
+1-303-497-1537
hagan at ucar.edu