[Grad-postdoc-assn] Poker night

Jasper Kok jfkok at ucar.edu
Fri Feb 19 13:21:00 MST 2010

Hi all,

We're having a poker night coming Thursday (2/19) at 7 pm, which Chuck
generously hosting at his house (details below)! As always, everyone is
welcome to come, including all postdocs and graduate students!

Are you a poker star? Ever played Texas Hold 'Em? Ever heard of Omaha?
Ever wondered what every one is talking about? Please come join us for
some fun low stakes poker. Beginners are encouraged to attend. We will
explain all the rules and the strategy. Cheat sheets will be available
so that you don't need to memorize the rules or the order of the
hands. Table talk is encouraged to help people learn how to play the
games. If there are enough players, we can also have a beginners only
table. We can make the stakes as low as people want. I would suggest
nickel, dime, quarter since that gives you a way to keep score, but
nobody will win/lose much ($5-10 maximum). I have poker chips, so you
don't need to bring change. For Texas Hold 'Em, tournaments are the
most fun, so I would suggest that at the end of the night we have a
short no-limit Hold 'Em tournament.

Please feel free to bring friends, spouses, ... It would help me know
how many people are planning to attend, so if I could get a general
idea by Wednesday of how many people are interested, that would be
great. I will be out of town on Monday and Tuesday, but should be in e-
mail contact if you have any questions.

Provided: I will provide some snacks. Please bring your favorite
drink. I will have some beer, soft drinks and plenty of Scotch.

When: Thursday, February 25, 7 pm

Where: Chuck Bardeen's House
1484 Periwinkle Dr
Boulder
(303) 817-3549

Directions:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&q=1484%20periwinkle%20dr%2C%20boulder%2C%20co&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

By Car:

 From South:
1) Head north on Broadway past Iris. You will go up a hill.
2) At the top of the hill is stoplight with Lucky's Market and North
Boulder Liquor on your right (SE corner). This is Quince Ave. Turn
right (east).
3) Go one block to 15th St then turn right (south).
4) Go a half a block to Periwinkle Dr. then turn right (west).
5) My house is the 3rd on the left.

 From East:
1) Head west on Iris (starts at diagonal and 28th).
2) Road ends at Broadway, so turn right (north).
3) Follow the directions for coming from the south.

By Bus/Bike:
The Skip runs frequently and has a stop at Broadway and Quince. It lets
you off on the NE corner. Follow the directions from the south
starting at #3. If you are adventurous, you can walk through the
Lucky's parking lot and there is a path between Lucky's and Du Gabi
Cucina. That path goes to Periwinkle Dr. and comes out just west of
where my house is located. Cross the street, face left (east) and
it'll be the second house on your right.