[Grad-postdoc-assn] FW: Michigan Society of Fellows

Vanessa Schweizer vjs at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 20 15:41:47 MDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Indira Nair
Date: Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Subject: FW: Michigan Society of Fellows

  FYi,
indira

Indira Nair
Vice Provost Emerita
Carnegie Mellon University
412 268 8677

 ------------------------------
*From:* Turner, Linda [linelise at umich.edu]
*Sent:* Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:22 AM
*To:* Turner, Linda
*Subject:* Michigan Society of Fellows

  Dear Colleague:

Attached is a copy of this year’s announcement of our annual competition for
postdoctoral fellowships.  We would be very grateful for any help you could
give us in bringing this opportunity to the attention of qualified
candidates at other institutions.  (As you will notice, the Fellowships are
open only to those who have completed their doctorate within the three years
prior to commencement of their term.)

The applications will be read by this year’s Fellows and Senior Fellows.  In
late November, the most promising will be sent to relevant departments and
schools for their review; the final selections will be made by the Senior
Fellows in late January.

We very much appreciate any assistance you can provide in conveying this
announcement to promising candidates.

Sincerely yours,

[image: don200]

Donald S. Lopez, Jr.

Chair, Society of Fellows

Arthur E. Link Distinguished University Professor of Buddhist and Tibetan
Studies

Department of Asian Languages and Cultures

http://www.rackham.umich.edu/sof/