[Grad-postdoc-assn] Hike on Sunday 29th Aug,

Marielle Saunois saunois at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:44:19 MDT 2010

Hi all,

We suggest you an outdoor activity on Sunday 29th Aug.

After the huge success of the happy hour at the Draft House, let see how
  many of you are ready for a hike! ;)

We have chosen to go to Chautauqua Park and hike up the Flagstaff
Mountain - moderate hike. There will be two possibilities:
1) Round trip on Flagstaff trail (3 miles, 1,120 feet of elevation gain
from Gregory Canyon trailhead)
2) A Loop using Flagstaff trail, Ute trail and Gregory Canyon (4.75
miles for 1,241 feet of elevation gain, from the Ranger Station)
We will decide at the top of the mountain what people prefer - depending
on who will be here...

As always, anyone is welcome !!

The hike departure is located at Chautauqua Park. From Boulder: Take
Baseline Road west past 9th street and Chautauqua Park is on the left
hand side. Turn left into Chautauqua Park. Overflow parking is also
available along Baseline Road, south of the park entrance.

Meeting point and hour:
@9am Sunday 29 August
@the Chautauqua Ranger Station - trailhead - (see the map of the park
on the web page: http://www.chautauqua.com/events_map_directions.htm)

You will find more details on the hike - for the loop, second choice,
here: http://www.localhikes.com/hikes/Flagstaff_Gregory_loop_2082.asp

Let us know if you are coming, so that we wait for you !

We hope to see you on Sunday!

The Social Committee,
Jasper, Julie and Marielle