[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Postdocs] ASP Seminar Announcement

Knut Waagan knut.waagan at cma.uio.no
Tue Mar 17 11:04:08 MDT 2009

Below is the abstract for Steve's talk. Looking forward to it!
Knut

One outstanding problem in solar physics is how the solar corona is
heated to a temperature of 1 million K while the photosphere below it
is only at 5000 K. Heating by waves is a possible explanation. I will
discuss recent measurements of waves in the solar corona, their
analysis and the implications for coronal heating. I will also discuss
the use of waves as diagnostics of the solar coronal plasma.