[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson Lecture Series: Eugene Parker, May 11-13

Mark Flanner mflanner at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 27 13:35:58 MDT 2009

Dear postdocs and students -

Two weeks from today we will host the first Thompson Lecture visit of
2009.  Our guest will be the esteemed solar physicist Eugene Parker
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Parker), who pioneered theory of
the solar wind.

At this time we are encouraging people to sign up for individual
meetings on Monday and Tuesday (5/11-5/12) and to volunteer
contributions for the potluck dinner on Tuesday night.  Please sign up
for both using the Thompson wiki, simply replacing "SIGN-UP" with your
name in the schedule: https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/aspthompson08/Home

We also encourage you to include discussion topics for the scientific
and career round-table discussions.

If you are unable to use the wiki, but would like to meet with Eugene,
please contact me.

Thanks.  We are looking forward to this visit!

- The TLS Committee

--
Mark Flanner
Advanced Study Program