[Grad-postdoc-assn] UP the Hll "Slower Poker"

Mercy Borbor-Cordova mcordova at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 2 16:13:10 MDT 2008

Hi All

This in an update of our team for the Up the Hill “Slower Poker”:

So far we have five fearless participants: Isabelle Ruin. Russ
Schumacher. Jian Lu, Mark Flanner, and Peter Lauritzen (former ASP). We
still need two more participants to join our team. We are also calling
volunteers with poker skills to help with strategy during the race.
Also we are looking for suggestions about the ASP team's name.

We hope all of you will join us during the Up-the-Hill Event for your
cheerful support.

Social Committee, Andrea and Mercy

Mercy Borbor-Cordova wrote:

Hi all

*The 2008 Up-the-Hill Event: “Slow Poker” is in preparation and for
ASP it has been a tradition to participate in the annual Up-the-Hill
Event. At last year’s event we won 3^rd place. Thus we would
encourage you to jump into this fun activity and form our own team.
We need at least 5 players and as the notes of the event describe
*“It  is not a race, it is a strategy game”.

See the link at
http://www.ucar.edu/eac/events/UpTheHill/UTH%202008/SlowPokerGuidelines.pdf

You don’t need to be a super athlete, what is important is the team
spirit that we have for the race: cheerfulness, group camaraderie,
and yes the desire to beat the other teams…why not?

For those who may not participate in the ASP “ Total Chaos ” poker
team  (/This in an example only. We need a good-witty and funny
name/), we can be the support group: cheer leaders (guys and gals are
super welcome), a “barra brava”,  provide logistic support, etc.
Especially for those who don’t participate in the actual race, it is
an excellent opportunity to have some fun and take lots of silly
pictures!!

We are asking that you please share your ideas with the social
committee about the ASP Up the Hill Race Slow Poker Team.

Cheers  :-)

Social Committee, Andrea and Mercy