[Grad-postdoc-assn] schedule for Ray Pierrehumbert's visit

Simona Bordoni bordoni at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 28 15:07:40 MDT 2008

Dear All,

the next Thompson Lecture with Prof. Ray Pierrehumbert is less than a
month away and we (the TLS committee) are working on the details of his
visit. For now, please find attached a schedule for the two days (Nov.
20th and 21st) Ray will spend here at NCAR.
We will soon post it on the wiki, so that people can start signing up
for the individual meetings.

As it has been customary in the last TLS visits, Ray's schedule includes
two talks (one general and one more specifically focused on his own
research), two round-table discussions and 11 one-to-one meetings.
Please note that lunch will be provided before/during both round-table
discussions. On Friday night, we will be having a potluck dinner in the
Damon Room. Details on the potluck will soon follow.

Please, mark your calendar and plan on attending this exciting event!
And feel free to contact us with any suggestions/questions/concerns
regarding the TLS.

Warm regards,
the TLS Committee

Simona (bordoni at ucar.edu)