[Grad-postdoc-assn] Great opportunity to speak to the public about climate science

Juerg Schmidli schmidli at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 21 11:15:51 MDT 2008

Dear all

On Monday April 14th there is a great opportunity to speak to the public
on the science of climate change and the urgent need for addressing CO2
emissions; or just to support the issue by your presence.

The Public Utilities Commisssion (PUC) of Colorado will hold a public
hearing on Xcel Energy's new resource plan. The PUC is a primary
determinant of energy policy in Colorado and they play a key role in
driving Colorado utilities to be more energy efficient and use more
renewable energy resources. This is an historic opportunity to support
and hopefully accelerate the work of a utility that is committed to
reducing CO2 emissions through a strong public showing and testimony.

Please let me know if you are interested to speak, to attend, or if you
have any further questions.

Juerg

P.S.
The public testimony is limited to five minutes per person, and does
thus not require much preparation time.

Further information on the PUC and the public hearing can be found at
http://www.dora.state.co.us/ and
http://www.dora.state.co.us/PUC/index/PublicHearing.htm

The group I am working with is Clean Energy Action (see
http://www.cleanenergyaction.org). There mission is to promote clean
energy alternatives, to mitigate global warming, and to raise public
awareness about the liabilities of coal fired power plants. Testimony
before the PUC is one of their main means of achieving their mission.