[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fellows Social - ML Damon Room Friday @ 3p

Maura Hagan hagan at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 9 11:40:06 MST 2008

NCAR Fellows-
    Happy New Year! I hope that you enjoyed some rewarding
and relaxing time with friends and family during the holidays.
   I'm writing to remind you that the inaugural 2008 social
sponsored by the ASP will be held this Friday (January 11th)
at 3p in the ML Damon Room. It will be your chance to meet
many new fellows who are just beginning their terms. If you
know a new postdoctoral fellow or graduate student visitor
that's new, be sure to invite them along.
   We will also view a documentary film about Walter Orr Roberts,
who was the first NCAR Director and UCAR President. I will
facilitate a discussion thereafter. I am anxious to hear your
perspectives on the vision for atmospheric and related sciences
(including, as you will hear, everything from the Sun to the bottom
of the ocean) that Roberts espoused and to learn whether and
how his views align with yours.
   Refreshments will be served. See you on Friday!
--Maura

--
Maura Hagan
Director, Advanced Study Program