[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Fwd: Applying for Jobs in Academia]

Andrea Sealy asealy at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 11 09:54:30 MDT 2007

Hi all

FYI...more details on the PAC workshop tomorrow...RSVP to
gtpPD at colorado.edu. DO NOT RSVP to me, I am just passing on info.

Andrea

Subject: Applying for Jobs in Academia
From:    "Sandra Lee Clement" <Sandra.Clement at colorado.edu>
Date:    Tue, September 11, 2007 9:45 am
To:      pac_universe at lists.colorado.edu

Dear Fellow Postdocs,

  It is job hunting season!  If you are thinking about applying for a faculty
position within the next couple of years, we have an excellent workshop
for you!
The Postdoctoral Association of Colorado (PAC) will be sponsoring a
workshop on applying for faculty positions this Wednesday, September 12th
at 11:00 am in the UMC Aspen Room.  Lunch will be provided.  Our speakers
will be John Cumulat, the chair of the Physics department, and Tin Tin Su,
Associate Professor in MCDB; both of whom have served on faculty search
committees. Also, David Zappulla, a post-doc from Tom Cech's lab in
Biochem will speak about his recent and successful job hunting experience
which landed him a position with the Department of Biology at Johns
Hopkins.

  Please RSVP to gtpPD at colorado.edu if you would like to attend so we know
how much food to order.  Please pass this information along to any
postdocs who haven't made it onto the list.  Thanks!

  Hope to see you Wednesday!

Cheers,

Sandi

Sandra L. Clement, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Co-President of PAC
Jens Lykke-Andersen Lab
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology
University of Colorado, Boulder
Campus Box 347
Boulder, CO 80309
Phone: 303-735-4833
Fax:   303.492.7744

--
Andrea M. Sealy
Advanced Study Program Postdoctoral Fellow