[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson lecture potluck: please respond to the swiki

Tom Hopson hopson at ucar.edu
Thu May 24 13:27:09 MDT 2007

Hello All,

As we hope you're aware, Michael Ghil's visit with us, as part of the
Thompson Lecture series, is next week, with the potluck on Tuesday the
29th at 6:00PM at Chautauqua Park (south side of Baseline Road as you're
driving west near the mountains). If the weather permits, we will have
the potluck in the Chautauqua Green, meeting roughly in the SW corner
(see map at: http://www.asp.ucar.edu/pdf/Chautauqua_potluck_map.pdf, and
note that south is on the *top* of the page). If, however, we're dealing
with rain, then we will meet in the Picnic Shelter just south of the
Auditorium (again, see map) which we've reserved. Note that there are no
grills in either of these locations, so if you want to cook something
you will need to bring your own gas grill.

Potluck food: we ask that you bring something to share (but don't let
this keep you from coming if you can't). We will have a large tray of
vegetarian lasagna (along with cups/plates/plastic-ware) for everyone,
but please also consider bringing another side dish (meat dishes
welcome), bread, dessert, drinks, or snacks. Please post what you will
bring on our swiki and plan accordingly based on what is already posted:
http://swiki.ucar.edu/thompson-lecture/ and click on "Ghil potluck
issues". Also consider bringing a blanket to sit on and a frisbee or
hacky sack!

Ride sharing to the potluck: if you need a ride (or can offer one),
please also post this on the same page as above.

Finally, please visit the swiki as soon as you can since Monday is a
holiday, and we'd like to plan and purchase what we need by tomorrow
(even if you're not bringing something or ride-sharing, please at least
RSVP to the swiki or send one of us an email).

All welcome (postdocs, grad students, and family), and we hope to see
you on Tuesday!

Tom, Kristen, Ankur, Gyuwon, Andrea, and Nedjeljka