[Grad-postdoc-assn] Volunteers needed for Thompson Lecture Series Committee

Andrea Sealy asealy at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 15 11:17:11 MDT 2007

Hello all

We are looking to add to the number of post docs on the Thompson Lecture
Series committee ASAP!! Four of our members will be leaving shortly and we
would like to add 2-4 people to the committee since only Gyuwon and I are
remaining.

Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
 -Organizing nomination process-soliciting, discussion, finalize selection
in conjuction with ASP Director
 -Organizing logistics for visit- room reservations, catering, ensure
lecturer has made travel plans with ASP office, planning visit agenda,
liason with speaker about agenda and seminar content, publicizing visit to
NCAR fellows and NCAR-wide, schedule individual meetings for fellows with
Lecturer

The above responsibilities are shared among the committee members with
helps from the ASP office. Thus, your small but precious contribution can
really make a better Thompson Lecture Series.

As stated by the Director's guidance email, one of key elements in the
Thompson Lecture series is the scientific diversity. Thus, we would like
to have as much scientific diversity as possible on the committee to
represent all different aspects of the series. Therefore we encourage
volunteers from previously underrepresented divisions within the committee
such as HAO, ISSE, CCB, ACD, EOL and CISL. Volunteers are invited from ALL
fellows, not just ASP fellows. Please contact Gyuwon (gyuwon at ucar.edu) and
me (asealy at ucar.edu)if you are interested.

Thanks!
Andrea Sealy and Gyuwon Lee, the remaining Thompson Lecture Committee :'(

--
Andrea M. Sealy
ASP Postdoctoral Fellow