[Grad-postdoc-assn] [Fwd: additional opportunities for judging science fairs]

Andrea Sealy asealy at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 31 21:27:43 MST 2007

Subject: RE: [Fwd: additional opportunities for judging science fairs]
From:    "Julie Andrew" <julie.andrew at bvsd.org>
Date:    Wed, January 31, 2007 7:55 pm
To:      asealy at ucar.edu

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your interest in judging for the Roche Colorado Regional
Science Fair on Thursday March 1st, 2007, at the Glenn Miller Ballroom
at CU.  The schedule can be found at the bottom of this letter.  Lunch
will be provided for all judges.  We anticipate roughly 50 senior
division projects and 100 junior division projects in the fields of
Animal Sciences (AS), Behavioral & Social Science (BSS), Chemistry (CH),
Earth Sciences (ES), Energy & Transportation (ET), Engineering (EN),
Environmental Sciences (EV), Mathematics & Computer Sciences (MCS),
Medicine & Health (MH), Microbiology (MB), Physics & Astronomy (PA),
Plant Science (PS).

We need roughly 6-8 judges per category per division, and if interested,
you may judge both the senior and junior divisions if you have the time.
The results from this competition determine who represents the Boulder
Valley area in the State Science Fair, and the Intel International
Science and Engineering Fair.   Graduate students are welcome to judge.
We have developed a web site to register as a judge at:
http://content.bvsd.org/scienceFair/JudgeReg.aspx

We will celebrate the accomplishments of our students at an awards
ceremony on Saturday, March 3rd at the Fiske Planetarium, from 9am to
Noon.  We are hoping to get some of the judges to present awards this
year.  There is a place on the registration form to indicate if you are
interested in presented awards.

We appreciate your support in participating and recruiting judges.
Thank for your time and efforts to support high quality science and
mathematics.  If you have any questions, please feel free to email:
Julie.andrew at bvsd.org

Thank you,
Julie Andrew
BVSD Science Fair Judges Coordinator
Monarch High School Science Instructor

Thursday, March 1st, 2007
Glenn Miller Ballroom, University of Colorado at Boulder

7:30 am - 8:00 am
SENIOR DIVISION (Grades 9-12) Check in and set up projects.

* 8:15 am - 12:00
SENIOR DIVISION (Grades 9-12) Judging session. Students must be with
their project the entire session. Senior division participants must
return to their schools unless other arrangements have been made by a
supervising adult.

11:30 am - 12:30 pm
JUNIOR DIVISION (Grades 6-8) Check in and set up projects.

* 12:30 pm - 4:45 pm
JUNIOR DIVISION (Grades 6-8) Judging session. Students must be with
their project the entire session.

5:15 pm - 6:30 pm
PUBLIC VIEWING All students are required to be with their projects
during the public viewing session. Parents and community members are
encouraged to tour the projects and interact with our future scientists.

6:30 pm -7:00 pm
Take down all projects.

* Parents and community members will not be allowed in the ballroom
during the judging portions of the day or at the afternoon break. Every
attempt will be made to keep the schedule on time, however, judging
sessions may run longer due to special and grand awards judging. Your
patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Saturday, March 3rd, 2007
9:00 am - 12:00 noon
Awards Ceremony
Fiske Planetarium - Regent Drive, CU Colorado, Boulder

Students will be notified Friday morning if they are receiving an award,
and they will be asked to display their posters for public view on
Saturday. Park in lot #436 at Colorado and Regent Drive.
(Parking lot is just to the West of the planetarium)