[Grad-postdoc-assn] Fwd: Thompson lecture

Maura Hagan hagan at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 29 15:51:41 MST 2007

Hi all-
   Thanks to all of you who participated in this year's nomination and
selection process. We had a wonderful list of nominees with a broad
range of expertise. I've been in touch with the organizing committee
and understand that the votes for top four candidates were close.
Two of these 4 have expertise in areas that are also common to
recent Thompson Lecturers, while the remaining 2 do not. Therefore,
I have asked the committee to hold a run-off that will ensure that we
we have a balanced series.
   Toward that end, please choose 1 candidate from each of the
appended columns and forward your 2 selections to
	Kristen (corbosie at ucar.edu),
	Ankur (adesai at ucar.edu), or
	Gyuwon (gyuwon at ucar.edu)

****BEFORE FRIDAY (2 Feb 07)**** Note: Tom will be out of town.

With the approval of the Directorate, the top vote-getters from both
columns A and B will be our next 2 Thomspon lecturers. Thanks in
advance for your valuable input. Best regards.
--Maura

p.s. See http://swiki.ucar.edu/thompson-lecture/2 for details about
the candidates.

Column A			Column B