[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson Lecture Series Social on Friday

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 22 13:10:06 MST 2007

Please plan to attend the Thompson Lecture Series Social this Friday,
the 26th of January, in the ML Damon Room at 3:30 pm.   This is your
opportunity to provide input to the selection process of the next two
lecturers.  All NCAR postdocs are invited to attend.

 From the Committee:

We'd like to encourage everyone who submitted a nomination to prepare
of short statement about why they nominated that individual.   We'll
start off by reviewing all of the nominees in this manner and then
open the floor for discussion of all the candidates.  At the end of
the discussion, we will vote on the nominees.  People who are not
able to attend the discussion are directed to the swiki web page
(<http://swiki.ucar.edu/thompson-lecture/1>http://swiki.ucar.edu/thompson-lecture/1)
for a list of nominees.  We would like those not in attendance to
submit their votes (via e-mail to Kristen, corbosie at ucar.edu)
_before_ the discussion on Friday so that we will quickly be able to
tally the votes and submit the names to the ASP office next Monday morning.

Thanks,
Kristen, Tom, Gyuwon and Ankur