[Grad-postdoc-assn] Retreat RSVP and Transportation

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Mon Nov 6 12:00:26 MST 2006

Dear NCAR Fellows,

This Friday November 10th is the ASP Annual Retreat at the Boulder
Broker Inn.   All postdocs and graduate students in the organization
are welcome to join us for lunch and the afternoon session.  Thomas
Windham,   Senior Advisor for Science & Engineering Workforce in the
Office of the Director at NSF will give our lunchtime presentation on
mentoring and leadership.

Also, please let me know if transportation is a problem for you.   We
can potentially get an NCAR shuttle from FL to go to the Broker and
Maura has offered to pick up any Table Mesa people.  Just let me know
so that we can begin to plan.

We need to give our final numbers to the Broker regarding
attendance.  If you have not son so already,  please let Kathleen
Barney (leeney at ucar.edu) or me know ASAP if you plan to attend.

Thanks!

Paula

ASP Retreat Nov 2006
Working Agenda

AM Session - ASP Fellows

Welcome and Introductions

Discussion of the Agenda/Revisions/Additions

ASP Business/Program Elements
	--travel procedures
	--reporting requirements/procedures
	--ASP Seminars
	--ASP Research Reviews

ASP Elements Needing Attention
	--ASP Thompson Lectures
                        program relevance
                        assessment of selection process
                        ongoing program relevance
	        plausible revisions/extensions/closure
	--Informational Socials
	        current needs/wants
	        out/in-house expertise to meet demands
                        engaging the broader NCAR community (need/want/how to)

PM Session - ASP Welcomes All NCAR Fellows

Introductions

Lunch

Special Guest Speaker:
    Thomas Windham
    Senior Advisor for Science & Engineering Workforce
    Office of the Director, NSF

NCAR Fellows Association
	Introduction and Mission
	Informational Socials
	        ASP fellows' ideas about current needs/wants
	        Unstructured discussion
	Work-life Issues
	        Affordable quality child-care
	        Other?