[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson Lecture Series nominees

Kristen Corbosiero corbosie at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 23 08:47:09 MST 2006

Hello all-

Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for the next Thompson
Lecturer.  The 10 excellent scientists nominated are:

Albert Bartlett (Professor Emeritus, Population Growth & Energy,
University of Colorado Boulder)
Alan Betts (Independent Atmospheric Researcher, Moist Convection &
Hydrology)
Howard Bluestein (Research Professor, Synoptic/Mesoscale Meteorology,
University of Oklahoma)
Lance Bosart (Distinguished Professor, Synoptic/Dynamic Meteorology,
State University of New York Albany)
Wilfried Brutsaert (Professor, Environmental Engineering & Hydrology,
Cornell University)
Theodore Shepherd (Professor, Large-scale Atmospheric Dynamics,
University of Toronto)
Jagadish Shukla (Distinguished Professor, Earth Science & Global Change,
George Mason University)
Ronald Smith (Professor, Mesoscale Meteorology & Regional Climate, Yale
University)
Peter Webster (Professor, Atmospheric/Oceanic Dynamics, Georgia
Technical Institute)
Robert Wilhelmson (Professor, Numerical Methods & Convection, University
of Illinois)

The next step in the process of selecting the Thompson Lecturer is
soliciting the comments and opinions of everyone on the nominees (Grad
fellows this includes you too!).  We'd like as much feedback as possible
on the nominees, especially if any of you have interacted with them in
the past.  Please e-mail me any information you feel would be helpful in
making this decision.  On Thursday, April 6th at 6 pm everyone is
invited to a social at the Wilderness Pub where we'll gather for a drink
or two and discuss the leading candidates for the next lecturer.

I look forward to hearing your comments on the candidates and thank you
again for your nominations!

Kristen