[Grad-postdoc-assn] Thompson lecture Feb. 21 and 23

kshell at ucar.edu kshell at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 30 12:20:08 MST 2006

Hi all,

The next Thompson Lecture Series will take place Tuesday, Feb. 21 and
Thursday, Feb. 23.  Prof. Julia Slingo, from the University of Reading,
will be spending these two days at NCAR in order to interact with NCAR's
grad students and postdocs.  We encourage everyone to participate in the
activities (seminars, group discussion, individual meetings, and social
events), so plan on having two very full days.

The schedule is still being finalized.  I have attached a draft, so you
can get an idea of what we're planning.  If you would like to schedule an
individual meeting with Julia, please email Kristen Corbosiero
(corbosie at ucar.edu) and indicate any scheduling constraints you have.  If
you would like additional information about the Thompson Lecture Series,
see http://www.asp.ucar.edu/tho/.

More information will follow as the visit gets closer.

-Karen