[Grad-postdoc-assn] Proposal Writing Workshop next week

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:28:00 MDT 2006

Dear Postdocs, Graduate Students, and Scientist Is,

As mentioned in the April ASP Update, our April Social will be a proposal
writing workshop on Friday the 28th of April.  This will be a two-part social:

Part I
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
FL2 -1001
"Proposal Writing" by Al Cooper
This is a repeat of the presentation that Al gave last summer in
conjunction with the Junior Faculty Forum.   Some of you  may have already
attended this presentation, in which case, you are welcome to attend it
again, or just join us for Part II.  Al Cooper is the former director of
ASP, and recently spent time at the NSF as a program manager, so he has a
unique perspective on the proposal process.

Break for Lunch
12:00 - 1:00

Part II
1:00 pm -
FL1 - EOL Atrium
Questions and Answers with Al Cooper and Tom Bogdan
For those of you who saw Al's presentation last summer, and for those who
will be getting this information for the first time, this is your
opportunity to ask questions about the proposal writing process.  Tom
Bogdan, like Al, also spent time at the NSF as a program manager, and
offers an additional perspective.

ASP will provide cold drinks and dessert for the afternoon Question and
Answer session.

This event is open to all postdocs, graduate students, and Scientist Is in
the organization.  We hope you will attend.

In order to get a head count, please let me know if you plan to attend.

Thanks and see you there!
Paula Fisher

Paula Fisher
Division Administrator
Advanced Study Program
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307
Phone:  303-497-1328  Fax:  303-497-1646
paulad at ucar.edu
Courier Address:  1850 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder, CO 80305