[GO-ESSP] "Climate changes" School

Jean-Yves Peterschmitt Jean-Yves.Peterschmitt at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tue May 11 02:20:19 MDT 2010

	Dear all,

My apologies for forwarding a non technical information to this list,
but I have been told that there were still some places available for
this NICE school (eventhough the deadline was yesterday).

I think that after a week spent talking about machine-to-machine and
human-to-machine interaction (for those who attended the ESSIn sessions
at EGU), you may be interested in human-to-human interaction (the former
kind being the "scientist/engineer with results", and the latter being a
"broader audience").

Céline Moncourtois who is in charge of the school will be away most of
the week, so if you are interested in attending the school, send her the
registration form, and also send me a copy.

	JY

"Climate changes: Improving our communication about climate change
science, impacts, costs and adaptation."

Location & Dates:     Presqu'île de Giens, Hyères (France)
             Sunday May 30th to Sunday June 6th, 2010

Within the framework of the Research Training Network "Network for Ice
sheet and Climate Evolution (NICE)", the Giens Spring school, organized
by the LSCE, will focus on:

   1. What are the impacts of climate change
   2. How climate changes are presented in the media
   3. How it is possible to make our scientific results understood by a
      larger audience
   4. Adaptation and integrated approaches
   5. Economic consequences.

     http://nice.ipsl.jussieu.fr/meetings/nice_2010_06/

This school is aimed at an international and broad audience: all the
interested people (scientists and non scientists, PhD students,
post-docs and permanent researchers) are invited to register.

Practical details:

http://nice.ipsl.jussieu.fr/meetings/nice_2010_06/nice_1006_details.shtml

Please return your registration form by email to
     Céline Moncourtois (nice-register at lsce.ipsl.fr)
by
     Friday May 7th, 2010

--