[GO-ESSP] GO-ESSP Seattle '08 post-workshop materials

Steve Hankin Steven.C.Hankin at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 14 18:20:42 MDT 2008

Wright, Bruce wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Thanks for this list ... and for hosting an excellent meeting!
>
> I noted down a further two actions, which don't appear to be captured
> in the list below:
>    * Proposal for community-wide standards for URLs (a controlled
> vocabulary of the various parts) to be handed over to the community
> for use in well constrained domains (e.g. IPCC).
Hi Bruce,

I believe that this concept is already captured in

3. Development of a standard URL-naming scheme, primarily in the context
of AR5 [Martin J., Steve H., Bob D.]

We could perhaps substitute your more detailed wording.  At the GO-ESSP
meeting we discussed the draft that had emerged from the AR5 planning
meeting at GFDL.

>    * CF Namespace to be obtained/registered.

Do you recall who volunteered for this?
> Are these real actions or is my mind playing tricks :-)
There are some very real ones :-) .  Some are already taking shape with
just a few weeks having passed.

    - Steve

Steve Hankin, NOAA/PMEL -- Steven.C.Hankin at noaa.gov
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070
ph. (206) 526-6080, FAX (206) 526-6744

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men
to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke