[GO-ESSP] Videolink possibilities at GO-ESSP 2008?

Jon Blower jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
Wed May 28 03:58:07 MDT 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if there will be any possibility to participate in
GO-ESSP08 via videolink?  I'd really like to attend but I'm not sure I
can be there physically (flights from the UK to Seattle are very
expensive at the moment for one reason).  I know it would be hard to
broadcast the informal discussions but if there were a way to at least
see the presentations and ask questions (e.g. via Skype video and
instant messaging) that would be great (and environmentally-friendly
;-).

I expect the meeting organisers have their hands full anyway but
perhaps if there's sufficient interest from other international
participants then this could be arranged?  I've arranged similar
things before so could offer some technical advice if needed.

Cheers, Jon

Dr Jon Blower Tel: +44 118 378 5213 (direct line)
Technical Director Tel: +44 118 378 8741 (ESSC)
Reading e-Science Centre Fax: +44 118 378 6413
ESSC Email: jdb at mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk
University of Reading
3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL, UK