[GO-ESSP] Welcome Christiane

Don Middleton don at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 15 11:59:50 MDT 2007

I just added Christiane Textor from Service d'Aéronomie in Paris to
our mailing list. She sent a brief note about herself, which I've
included below - note the CF work! Welcome Christiane.

don

------

I have been contributing to different model intercomparisons of
chemistry and aerosol models in the frameworks of AEROCOM, GEMS, and
HTAP, and I have lead the definition of names for aerosols and
chemical for the CF standard name convention. I have strongly
encouraged these communities to use the netDCF/CF data format, and
this starts to work.

http://dataipsl.ipsl.jussieu.fr/AEROCOM/
http://aqm.jrc.it/HTAP/
http://www.ecmwf.int/research/EU_projects/GEMS/index.jsp
http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/Air_Quality/
Chemistry_Naming_Conventions

Recently I started to work as the scientific project manager of
GEOMON which has the objective to create a European data base
containing data of the atmospheric composition. http://
geomon.ipsl.jussieu.fr/
In this community, 'nobody' knows about CF, they use mainly different
types of ASCII formats (NARSTO, NASA AMES, no specific format...).

I consider the data format issue very important to increase the
efficiency of research in our field, this is why I contribute,
although I sometimes find it quite technical.

Last week I met Jean-Yves Peterschmitt who has told me about GO-ESSP,
which seems to be a useful initiative for me to connect to. This is
why I have subscribed. If you have further questions, do not hesitate
to contact me.

Best regards,
Christiane