[GO-ESSP] Re: Update on Progress of Numerical Model Metadata (NMM XML) aka the EarleySuite

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Wed Oct 26 12:37:19 MDT 2005

Dear Katherine,
Thanks for sharing your progress.  The prototype pages look quite
useful, but I must admit, I'm a real novice in this area.  Being able to
create tables like your sample IPCC numerical properties table could be
especially appreciated by analysts.

Just to make sure that someone out there is not misled, could I suggest
the following minor changes in http://cgam.nerc.ac.uk/NMM/ipcc/index.php
1) change "IPCC numerical properties" to "IPCC atmospheric model
numerical properties".
2) change "IPCC climate model documentation" to "IPCC atmospheric model
documentation"
3) change "(see original)" to "(for more complete documentation, see
original)"

My fear is that someone will think that all the IPCC model documentation
has been captured by your pages, which is not what you intended to do at
this point.

Thanks for all your work on this.  I am sure an approach like yours will
lead to a much more systematic and comprehensive documentation of models
and their simulations in the future.  This is very much needed.

best wishes,
Karl